Sunday, October 26, 2008

My experiences with Netbeans

How I use Netbeans

I started using Netbeans when I was in My 2nd year of Engineering (i.e. starting of year 2006).
I had just started Java programming and was puzzled for how to compile and run programs.

My Faculty suggested about how to write code on Notepad, then javac - ing to compile and finally java to run.
This was obviously a tedious task for me as I remember. Also I dint know how to set class path at that time, so the only way to compile and run was to save my java program to java\jdk\bin folder.
Again, on most of the PCs in my lab had disk protection and java\jdk\bin folder was protected, so it was sort of hell.

But fortunately in that time, once when I was browsing sun.com, I came to see about Netbeans IDE.
I remember, it took me some 2 days effort to install IDE. (at that time I didnt know what JVM and javac is. I had no jdk and I was trying to install Net Beans .).
The first version I used was Netbeans 5.0. During my summer vacation (which happens to be of 3 months) , I did nothing but tried programs on Netbeans. It was little problem initially , as I had 256 MB ram on my PC and it was disappointingly slow there, but finally the patience ultimately pays.
I tried multiple programs from different text books specially from “Complete reference” and “Deitel”
.I learn all of my Java skills without any support from any one. All I took help from was that of Netbeans. I developed a habit of writing initComponent() and coding style of Netbeans even when I wrote programs on other Editor (like Notepad).
By the end of summer vacations , I had fairly good idea of programming. At that time, I got a small project from one of my friend , to develop a software for Ware House Management.
I give full credit to Netbeans for on time development of my Program. My first project was successful and it fetched me Rs 7000.
And after that , I did more than 30 small and medium projects all In Java. In course I mastered Mysql.
Some 6 months ago, I proposed “Campus Management System” to my university authority and they passed it.

In our campus, I w as the first Java developer (and developer in general). And exceptionally , all fellow
students of mine took serious interest in Java programming. Currently , 100 % programmers in my campus do programming on Java / Netbeans.

By now, we are a team of 30+ committed developers ,all very comfortable in Netbeans. We have a LAN network and we use CVS of Netbeans to develop projects.
As my expertise grew, I started searching more facilities in NB , and different versions provided them more than I expected.
Currently I use NB 6.5 and am very happy with it. I wait very eagerly for higher version of it , and perhaps I am one of the first down loader of most of Higher versions.

No comments: